REST API connector provides a simple way to manage data within RTLS System via simple methods CREATE/GET/UPDATE/DELETE. Data are encapsulated in JSON format.
Data Entities Terminology
Data entities within RTLS Software are divided into three basic groups:
- Feed – it is most general data representation of physical object or device such as Tag, Building, Zone Definition etc.
- Datastream – it is representation of physical phenomena such as position, battery level, orientation etc.
- DataPoint – it is representation of discrete measurement of datastream equipped with timestamp
There are other entities derived from basic Feed;
- Anchor – represents physical anchor device and its data
- Tag – represents physical tag device and its data
- Building – represents physical building and its data
- Floorplan – represents image for particular floor within a building
- Zone – represents virtual zone within a building
Since the Sensmap Server is multiuser tool with access rights to its data entities a request must be sent with authentication key in HTTP headers. Sensmap software comes with two predefined apikeys:
- read only key (used in this demo): “171555a8fe71148a165392904“
- write key: “17254faec6a60f58458308763“. This key has CREATE/UPDATE/DELETE permissions, so use with caution.